A course on Optimum Health through Food
These courses will be running in Community Colleges in Killarney and Killorglin, starting in late September and early October 2009. Just contact the colleges directly.
The course objective is to encourage and motivate people to take responsibility for maintaining good health. Education on the role of food, nutrition, and lifestyle choices are the key objectives. The course will cover:
Introduction. Nutritional Therapy, The six Pillars of Health
- Real food vs Fake food
- The role of CARBOHYDRATES and related illnesses.
- The role of Proteins and recovery.
- Fats, Do they deserve their reputation?
- What’s so important about Mineral, Vitamins and other nutrients.
- How to easily make better Lifestyle choices.
- Preventing Heart disease
- How to Boost your immune system, and naturally stay healthy.
The course will include an optional tour of a health food shop and organic market on a Saturday morning, and a free spot check on your cardiovascular health. It will include food preparation and tasting, recipes and an optional research project. Books, internet sites and other resources will be covered on a regular basis.